Firstly and foremost please allow me to apologise for not releasing a podcast for August. The month has been very horrible for me and for a while I was questioning whether to continue with the podcast at all. Much happened in other areas of my life that made me re-consider my future. I then realised that I was better than all that, I should pull myself together and get on with it.
I received a couple of particularly rude emails from anonymous sources to the Podcast’s email account questioning my parents status, suggesting that I should disappear from the world and Geocaching and never return, along with several other suggestions that are unrepeatable. Coming in the time when I was struggling anyway, these didn’t help. However, with a big two fingered salute at those people, I have only this to say:
Nothing is forcing you to listen to the podcast. There’s always an unsubscribe button. Alternatively, make it known who you are, use language that is appropriate for broadcast and state your complaints concisely (if you know what that means) and I will happily reply to your mails and address your concerns in the show. It makes for entertaining listening for those that wanted a “meaty” story anyway!
So, after all that waffle, what does this mean for the podcast? I will be recording it Thursday and Friday for release Friday or the weekend. Contents as they sit at the moment (in no particular order):
- Feedback from the Mega Event organisers. Let me know if you guys want to say anything to them too!
- Competition results. Yes, I do know who won but I figured that as it is so close to releasing show 3 I would announce it in the show. I will announce it on Twitter and on the post for the show too.
- My Encounter with friendly cachers at Scout Camp.
- More on the iPhone for hiding caches. This has been a hot topic in my mailbox! Including (hopefully) hints for getting better coordinates with the device…
- Apps for iPhone for Caching (by request from Confused Chimp)
- Shoutouts, milestones, stories etc. Get yours in quick!
- Question of the month – any suggestions?
- Anything else you luvverly lot can think of!
I would also like to (thanks to a suggestion from a new cacher) do a section on Geocaching for beginners. Any suggestions for advice for the beginner will be much appreciated.
Thanks for your support folks, I hope to actually meet some of you in the future!
PS Any volunteers for an interview?? ;o)