Show – March 2013

Play

Play

Download link (144mb – 1 hr 47 mins)

In this show:

• Our month
  • Feedback on Opencaching.com and Munzees
  • News!
  • Competition Results and new competition
  • Munzees
  • A short piece on Power Trails
  • Milestones, shoutouts and a birthday!

Question: Is Geocaching’s success going to be its downfall?

March Competition Questions (to win a trackable patch)

1. What is the world’s furthest travelled trackable?
  2. What is the most discovered trackable?

Winner will be selected at random from all correct entries. Competition is open until 23:59 31 March 2013.

February Competition Winners

Runner Up: Patch The Cat (wins a geocoin courtesy of Geotees):

Patch The Cat snow 006

Winner: Team Bingo The Bounty Hunter (wins the Scout camera bag from Coordinate Gear!)

Team Bingo The Bounty Hunter GCPC

Links in the show:

Posted in Podcasts
7 comments on “Show – March 2013
  1. Neil Bessell says:

What was the name of the caching book you mentioned in the latest episode?

2. Collin says:

Hi Neil – Thanks for the prompt! It’s called Cached Out by Russell Atkinson. The eBook is available at Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cached-Cliff-Knowles-Mysteries-ebook/dp/B009FPRYAK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1362681814&sr=8-2

There’s a print version available too. 🙂

3. Rebecca says:

Just listened to the show! Will tune in to see the Mankini when you go LIVE!!! Regards Skwarepeg

4. Skwarepeg says:

Hi again, Would it be a good Idea to put a link on this home page to your facebook and twitter? I know I would find it useful or is it there and I have missed it?

• Collin says:

Hiya! The links to FB and Twitter are on the homepage, but not obvious. They are grey and at the bottom.

I will see what I can do about getting better links on the page.

Thanks for the comments, I really hope that the Mankini doesn’t appear!

5. Belly Buster says:

Uwe is prononouced ooo-veh.

Looking forward to the live show. Would be good to have a chat room and a dial in number for people to call the show. Would be nice to hear some northern accents on the show!

Keep up the good work.

BB.

6. Gents,
    I want to thank you for the shout out about my book Cached Out. I do want to make one correction for the benefit of your listeners. The book is not available for all e-readers, only Kindle and paperback. However, most other e-readers or computers have apps (free, I think, from Amazon) for reading Kindle books. Russell Atkinson (The Rat on gc.com)

The Archive